how to apply for
a DEY MINI-GRANT
APPLY FOR A DEY ACTION MINI-GRANT
DEY is excited to offer this mini-grant initiative to help foster your good work in your community as related to DEY’s three principle goals:
- To mobilize the early childhood community to speak out with well-reasoned arguments against inappropriate standards, assessments, and classroom practices.
- To track the effects of new standards, especially those linked to the Common Core State Standards, on early childhood education policy and practice.
- To promote appropriate practices in early childhood classrooms and support educators in counteracting current reforms which undermine these appropriate practices.
- Hosting a parent information meeting
- Organizing a "Call Your Legislator Day"
- Spearheading a letter-writing campaign to politicians
- Organizing a “Play-In” at the local school board
- Publicizing an “Opt Out” campaign
- Hosting a viewing and conversation of a video, such as chapter or two from A Year at Mission Hill; or When a Child Pretends from the Sarah Lawrence Series (see above)
- Holding an Open Forum for community members and stake-holders
- Whatever else you may think of…
Download the DEY mini-grant application here.
Email your completed application to Geralyn Bywater McLaughlin & Blakely Bundy, Co-Directors, at DEYdirector@gmail.com. Please use the subject line “Mini-Grant Application”.